Break me off a piece of that breakfast barre;
We at TPB have some healthy appetites… though sometimes being healthy is less appetizing than indulging in our favorite munchies. But there’s hope! We’ve pulled together some of our favorite barre bites from our instructor Cayla who is guest blogging for us this month from her food blog, The Savvy Spoon, showcasing all of her ~domestic~ skills. This week she is featuring her barre brunch bites (say that three times fast). Read below for the scoop that puts the fast in breakfast.
If you either have time to make breakfast during the weekdays (who are you???) or enjoy a little brunch action on the week’s most cherished days Sat & Sun, I think you’ll enjoy the ease of these little egg muffins. The crust is made of frozen hashbrowns, you can add ANY mix-ins to the eggs, and top it off with a little cheese and you’re G2G. Check em out!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Makes 8 muffins
- 16 tbs. frozen hashbrowns, 2 tbs. per muffin tin
- 4 tbs. flour
- 6 eggs
- 8 tbs. shredded cheese (cheddar / monterey jack / pepperjack/ Mexican blend would all be good!)
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- chopped jalapeños
- diced onions
- diced bell peppers
- diced tomatoes
- bacon crumbles (cooked)
- sausage crumbles (turkey, chicken or pork cooked and drained on paper towel)
- shredded chicken (cooked)
- Prep pan and oven: Spray your muffin tin with the cooking spray and be sure to be thorough! Get all the cracks and edges of the pan. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake muffin base: In a bowl, combine hashbrowns and flour and sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Using your tablespoon measurement, place 2 tbs. of hashbrown mix into each muffin tin. Press into bottom and bake for 5-8 minutes until they are beginning to crust, then remove from oven.
- Combine eggs + mix-ins: In another bowl, beat eggs and combine with mix-ins of your liking and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mix between all 8 muffin tins- pour until about halfway up into all tins then come around and top off with extra. Top with cheese, about 1 tbs. or less each.
- Bake egg nests: Place muffin tin in oven for 10 minutes or until tops are golden and eggs have set. Let cool and remove with a fork or spatula. Enjoy!